The Health and Safety Executive has said it is investigating the death of a man in his early 50s after he fell from a ladder while cleaning windows.
Patrick Garrity from Co Tyrone died after falling from a ladder as he worked on a house in Dromore.
Councillor Ann Quinn said of Mr Garrity, he was “one of life’s true gentlemen”.
“He was a lovely man. You’d meet him and he would always have a big hello for you.”
In a statement the Health and Safety Executive said “HSENI has been made aware of the incident and is currently investigating.
“Our thoughts are with the family at this most difficult time.”
It is understood Mr Garrity was a long-established window cleaner, who was killed instantly when he fell from his ladder. Councillor Glenn Campbell said the death was a “complete shock” to the area.
“He was well-known in the area, and I know his family,’ he said.
“I would offer my condolences to the family – it’s a huge shock.”
Mr Garrity was single and leaves behind three brothers. It is understood that the police are not treating the death as suspicious.
You can learn more about Ladder Safety and Ladder Training here.