Abrasive Wheels Tool Box Talk
Heres a free tool box talk for Abrasive wheels. To view more and download our tool box talks kit containing over 60 common tool box talks click here
Introduction: Misuse of abrasive wheels continues to result in accidents, often because the wrong type of wheel is fitted.
• Wheels must only ever be fitted/replaced by a competent person.
• Machine speeds must never exceed the maximum permissible speed of the wheel.
• Eye and ear protection should always be worn.
• Don’t exert heavy pressure on wheels.
• Don’t use the sides of wheels.
• Keep fingers clear of cutting edge of wheel.
• Ensure any guards are always correctly fitted and used – the minimum wheel surface required for the task should be exposed.
• Be aware of other workers in the area – do not expose them to risk.
• Adjust tool rests to be as close as possible to the face of the wheel.
• Only reinforced discs should be used on hand held machines.
• Run replacement wheels for a full minute prior to using them ensuring you stand well clear.
• Always stop wheels when not in use.
• Keep the face of the wheel evenly dressed.
• Visually check wheels before use for any obvious faults – if in any doubt get verification.
• The speed of the machine must not exceed the maximum permissible speed of the wheel. Over-speeding causes 33% of accidents.
• Ear and eye protection must always be worn.
PPE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR A SAFE SYSTEM OF WORK
Name: Company: Signature
Person carrying out TBT:
If you would like to save time on your Health and Safety, create RAMS, Risk assessments, Method Statements online in just minutes, try our online health and safety software Get access now for free!