Clothing Tool Box Talk
Heres a free tool box talk for Clothing. To learn more about TBT’s view more and download all our tool box talks kit containing over 60 common tool box talks click here
Introduction: Suitable and sensible clothing is a pre-requisite of site safety and can provide effective protection against a wide range of hazards.
• Wear head protection – it can save your life!
• Wear safety shoes/boots that provide protection to your toes and to the soles of your feet.
• Wear gloves where there is any risk to your hands.
• Wear hi-visibility clothing/vests – be seen.
• Keep clothing reasonably clean to protect against dermatitis, fire, etc.
• Avoid loose clothing – especially loose ends that can get in machinery, etc.
• Skin cancer is deadly – keep skin covered when working in sunny conditions.
• Avoid exposed skin when working with substances such as cement, tar, insulation, etc.
• If clothing you are wearing becomes contaminated then remove it and get it washed.
• If working with hazardous substances consider use of suitable coveralls.
• Wear any PPE provided, and look after it so that it can look after you.
• Consider fire hazards: cotton burns easier than wool; is fire retardant clothing required?
• Jewellery, including rings, chains, etc, can be hazardous near machinery and when
• Working on plant – consider taking off or taping up (also reduces wear and tear).
• Always dress properly, even for short jobs, and be prepared to swap or add clothing as required for specific tasks.
DRESSING SAFELY ISN’T BEING SILLY – IT’S BEING SENSIBLE
Name: Company: Signature
Person carrying out TBT:
If you would like to save time on your Health and Safety, create RAMS, Risk assessments, Method Statements online in just minutes, try our online health and safety software
Get access now for free!