Employee’s Duties Tool Box Talks
Below you find a complete free tool box talk on Employee’s Duties. To learn more about TBT’s and view and download 60+ covering everything! With our tool box talks kit click here
Introduction: Under Health and Safety legislation all have duties, including employees. You cannot comply with your duties unless you understand them, and a safe working environment cannot be properly maintained without employee co-operation.
There are three main employee responsibilities:
• To co-operate with employers to help them comply with their legal duties, i.e. following safety procedures, site rules, etc.
• Not to interfere with or misuse anything provided for health and safety, i.e. discharging fire extinguishers, wilful abuse of PPE, etc
• To safeguard your own safety and that of others, including the public, who may be affected by your actions, i.e. by reporting or eliminating any hazards seen.
• Importantly these duties are not confined to your specific activity or area, but to all site activities.
• Do not hesitate to tackle colleagues, or report to line management, wherever any unsafe activity, procedure or equipment is seen or suspected.
• Employ the “buddy buddy” system and look after your workmates as well as yourself.
• Site managers/foremen can only cover a limited area – employee awareness and assistance is vital if site health and safety is to be effectively maintained.
• Employees are the most likeliest to be injured.
• These duties include the wearing of provided PPE.
SAFETY IS EVERYONE’S BUSINESS – ESPECIALLY YOURS!
Name: Company: Signature
Person carrying out TBT:
Save time on your health and safety docs, create RAMS, Risk assessments, Method Statements online in just minutes with our easy to use generators, Get access now for free!