Mobile Tower Scaffolds Tool Box Talk
Below you find a complete free tool box talk on Mobile Tower Scaffolds. To learn more about TBT’s and view and download 60+ covering everything! With our tool box talks kit click here
Mobile Tower Scaffolds
Introduction: Mobile tower scaffolds provide a very useful and efficient working platform for numerous tasks when used properly. When misused, they provide a means of serious injury to both users and other employees.
• Plan use of mobile tower scaffolds. Ensure SWL’s are sufficient, that manufacturer’s guidelines are complied with, and that a competent person is available to erect, adjust and dismantle.
• Check all mobile tower scaffolds prior to use; check general condition, check brakes/locking devices are working, check free rotation of wheels, check all bracings are in place, check for suitable access/egress and for suitable platform.
• Where height exceeds 2m then guard-rails, intermediate guard-rails and toe-boards must be fitted (note this is a minimum requirement – recommended that they be fitted regardless of height).
• Check manufacturers guide for base to height ratio. General rule is that the height should not exceed 3 times the narrowest base width, i.e. where narrowest base width equals 1.5m, height should not exceed 4.5m. (Note: this can be extended by use of outriggers.)
• Mobile tower scaffolds should only be used on level, firm surfaces. If surface is soft or not level then should only be used where adequate support is provided.
• Wheels should be locked whenever the tower is in use.
• Only integral ladders should be used – on no account rest ladders against outside, or use ladders off of mobile tower platforms.
• Ensure all persons and materials are removed from mobile tower scaffolds prior to moving, move by pushing at the base, avoid potholes/uneven surfaces, and beware of overhead obstructions – especially power lines!
• Mobile tower platforms should be fully boarded out where practicable – must be a minimum of 600mm wide.
• Consider tying the tower to structures where applicable.
MOBILE TOWER SCAFFOLDS ARE AN ASSET – NOT A SHORTCUT.
NO JOB IS SO URGENT THAT IT CAN’T BE DONE SAFELY!
Save time on your health and safety docs, create RAMS, Risk assessments, Method Statements online in just minutes with our easy to use generators, Get access now for free!