Below you find a complete free tool box talk on Podiums. To learn more about TBT’s and view and download 60+ covering everything! With our tool box talks kit click here
Introduction: Podiums provide a very useful and efficient working platform for numerous tasks when used properly. When misused, they provide a means of serious injury to both users and other employees.
• Plan use of podiums. Ensure SWL’s are sufficient, that manufacturer’s guidelines are complied with, and that a competent person is available to erect, adjust and dismantle.
• Check all podiums prior to use; check general condition, check brakes/locking devices are working, check free rotation of wheels, check all bracings are in place, check for suitable access/egress and for suitable platform.
• Podiums should only be used on level, firm surfaces. If surface is soft or not level then should only be used where adequate support is provided.
• Wheels should be locked whenever the podium is in use.
• Only integral steps should be used for access and egress – on no account rest ladders against outside, or use ladders off of podiums.
• Ensure all persons and materials are removed from podiums and gate is securely closed prior to moving, move by pushing at the base, avoid potholes/uneven surfaces, and beware of overhead obstructions – especially power lines!
• Podiums should be a minimum of 600mm wide.
• Gate must be securely closed before use.
PODIUMS ARE AN ASSET – NOT A SHORTCUT.
NO JOB IS SO URGENT THAT IT CAN’T BE DONE SAFELY
Save time on your health and safety docs, create RAMS, Risk assessments, Method Statements online in just minutes with our easy to use generators, Get access now for free!