Road/Street Works Tool Box Talk
Below you find a complete free tool box talk on Road/Street Works. To learn more about TBT’s and view and download 60+ covering everything! With our tool box talks kit click here
Introduction: Many accidents occur at roadsides every year, most of which could be avoided with the implementation of safe working procedures.
• · Suitable warning signs should be displayed and correctly positioned.
• · Traffic control must be implemented to meet the site requirements.
• · Use a safety zone wherever practicable.
• Cone off a tapered lead in zone to control traffic.
• Ensure barriers are erected around excavations, and that lighting/warning lights are used at night.
• Ensure a suitable pedestrian route is maintained – if necessary re-route.
• Clean any excess mud/debris off the road so far as is practicable.
• Beware of work activities that create dust or debris that may impact on vehicular or pedestrian routes.
• Position plant and equipment so that no part of it infringes on the safety zone, and do not store any materials or equipment in the safety zone.
• Consider and organise site traffic access/egress.
• Wear safety helmets, hi-visibility vests and safety footwear.
• Do not enter the safety zone unless specifically required and authorised to do so.
• In the summer consider protection against the sun.
• Consider precautions for working in excavations, underground services, etc.
IF YOU THINK SAFETY IS EXPENSIVE OR TIME CONSUMING
– TRY THE COSTS OF AN ACCIDENT!
Save time on your health and safety docs, create RAMS, Risk assessments, Method Statements online in just minutes with our easy to use generators, Get access now for free!