It is a legal requirement for every employer who exposes their employees to risk from vibration to have a comprehensive vibration risk assessment at their place of work.
We can provide you with qualified consultants to undertake a vibration risk assessment to ensure that you are fully compliant with UK law. Call 0800 211 8331 for Free Advice.
Vibration Risk Assessment
Under the Control of Vibration at Work Regulations 2005, employers or self-employed persons who have workers that are exposed to vibration must undertake a vibration risk assessment. Under the regulations, legal requirements are set for the use of hand-arm vibration and whole-body vibration.
Employers must comply with the vibration regulations and undertake a vibration risk assessment. If you are an employer or self-employed person then you are responsible for ensuring that your business is following the Control of Vibration at Work Regulations 2005. Failure to conduct an adequate vibration risk assessment can result in prosecution and heavy fines which will become the responsibility of the employer.
Ensuring that your business complies with the Control of Vibration at Work Regulations 2005.
Hand Arm Vibration Risk Assessment
Government guidance stipulates that vibration risk assessments must include regulations on certain aspects such as vibration white finger and hand arm vibration syndrome.
- Ensuring that a vibration risk assessment has been carried out if your employees use any tools/equipment that could lead to significant exposure to vibration
- Recording if your employees have complained of/or had problems with their hands/bodies due to vibration in the past
- Assessing the level of exposure of hand-arm vibration (vibration white finger or dead finger)
- Assessing the level of exposure of whole-body vibration
- Ensuring that these do not go above the legal daily exposure action and limit values
- If exposure cannot be prevented then making sure the risk is as low as reasonably practicable
- Evaluating risks that cannot be avoided and provide training, information and health surveillance where necessary.
To ensure that your vibration risk assessment is completed to an adequate level, a competent person is required. Due to the Control of Vibration at Work Regulations 2005 there are many requirements which surround vibration exposure in the workplace. A competent person is needed in order to ensure that your workplace is abiding by these regulations.
We can provide you with qualified consultants who are experienced in the field of vibration risk assessments, ensuring that your business complies fully with health and safety law.
Our NEBOSH-accredited and ISO certified specialists are capable of working efficiently and competently to ensure that your workers are protected from vibration risks as far as is reasonably practicable. Our team of experts take practical steps to protect people from the risk of vibration exposure.
Our professional consultancy services create real life solutions which protect your workers and your business.
Call our friendly and helpful customer care team today for advice on how we can help you tackle your vibration risk assessment requirements. We can give you the answers you need to any inquiries you have. We can also offer you a free quote on our services. So call us now on 0800 211 8331.