Toolbox Talk – Accident & Incident Reporting
Heres a free tool box talk for Accident & Incident Reporting. To view more and download our tool box talks kit containing over 60 common tool box talks click here
Accident & Incident Reporting
1. If you have an accident whilst you are at work then it is in your own interest to get first aid and report it to the site occupier.
2. All employees/sub-contractors are required to immediately report to their immediate manager, every accident, dangerous occurrence or near miss arising from company work activities involving them, other contractors or members of the public as a direct result of the company work activity.
3. Certain types of accidents/incidents have to be reported to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) in these cases the company H&S Manager will report them when notified by management.
Accidents that have to be reported to HSE include:
Fatal and Major accidents
Major accidents are classified as broken bones, loss of eyesight (temporary or permanent), concussion or being detained in hospital for more than 24 hours. There are more but these would be the most likely. However if in doubt ask your manager.
Over three day absence
If you are absent from work for three consecutive days (including weekends) as a direct result of your accident.
These are incidents that don’t necessarily result in injury but have the potential and include as an example: a failure of a load bearing part of lifting equipment or electrical short circuit resulting in fire.
4. If absence is due as a direct result of a physical accident whilst working on company business, the employee must obtain a medical certificate from the first day of injury.
5. If an accident is reported to any employee that involves a member of the public or an employee of a third party being injured whilst using any equipment maintained under contract by the company, then that employee must report the incident to his/her Line Manager.
Name: Company: Signature
Person carrying out TBT:
If you would like to save time on your Health and Safety, create RAMS, Risk assessments, Method Statements online in just minutes, try our online health and safety software
Get access now for free!