Coshh Toolbox Talk
Heres a free tool box talk for Accident & Incident Reporting. To learn more about TBT’s view more and download all our tool box talks kit containing over 60 common tool box talks click here
Introduction: Many hazardous substances are used in the construction industry. Ignoring a hazardous substance today is something you may regret tomorrow.
• COSHH assessments must be carried out with the aim of elimination, substitution and reduction of exposure to hazardous substances.
• Any substance that has a hazard warning label has the potential to do harm – assess the risks before you use it.
• Employees must use hazardous substances as directed, following the required safety precautions, and using the required PPE as applicable.
• Store hazardous materials in suitable containers, ensuring only as much as is needed is in the workplace, and that lids are replaced when not in use.
• Read labels on containers – if no label then do not use!
• Know the correct precautions and control measures.
• Avoid all unnecessary contact with hazardous substances.
• Know where the first aid and washing facilities are on site.
• Always wash hands after use, and do not eat, drink or smoke when handling hazardous substances.
• Ensure there is adequate ventilation when using hazardous substances.
• Never mix hazardous substances unless you are sure of what you are doing.
• Never expose other employees to fumes, dust, gas or any other dangers from hazardous substances.
• Don’t store hazardous substances above head height.
• Always clean up any spillages, dispose of hazardous waste properly.
IF A DUST, FUME OR VAPOUR MAKES YOU COUGH,
CATCH YOUR BREATH, OR GIVES YOU A HEADACHE
THEN IT’S A SUBSTANCE HAZARDOUS TO HEALTH
Name: Company: Signature
Person carrying out TBT:
If you would like to save time on your Health and Safety, create RAMS, Risk assessments, Method Statements online in just minutes, try our online health and safety software
Get access now for free!